Most people have a bucket list of places they would like to visit and/or things they would like to do, but sometimes we get so fixated on the specific item on the list that we miss a lot of exciting adventure, beautiful places, great food, or something of historic value along the way. We are going to provide a bucket list for the areas around each of our adventure centers. Since the Chattooga opens first, we will start there! And, of course, there are the Wildwater specific activities that are already on your bucket list!
- Chattooga Raft trip– On list of Southern Living’s things you must do before you die!
- Stand Up Paddleboard or kayak beautiful Lake Tugaloo- pristine lake at the end of the Chattooga River.
- Zip the 1200′ Bell Tower Zipline– longest zip in Upstate SC.
- Have lunch at Chattooga Belle Bistro- spectacular views with signature soups, salads, and sandwiches and U-Pick fruits.
- Hike into Stumphouse Tunnel- Started in 1852 to connect Charleston to Knoxville (don’t forget the flashlight!).
- Visit the Oconee Heritage Center– home of their showcase piece the “Chattooga Canoe” dated back to the 1700s.
- Take a hike to one of the 300 waterfalls in Oconee County!