About Wildwater – Three Generations Strong
Leaders in Southeastern Rafting & Ziplining Since 1971
Wildwater, the oldest outfitter in the Southeast, started on the Chattooga River in June of 1971. Jim and Jeanette Greiner pioneered the company, along with the help of their four children. Today, the company has grown beyond the family boundaries on the Chattooga River to include the Ocoee, Nantahala and the Pigeon Rivers.
In addition to whitewater rafting, Wildwater offers zipline/canopy tours, kayak clinics, SUP and kayak lake tours, Raft & Rail© excursion, high ropes course, climbing walls, teambuilding and a variety of lodging facilities- Falling Waters at the Nantahala, the largest, was opened in July, 1998.
Wildwater is widely recognized as one of the finest whitewater rafting outfitters in the country. Since 1971, our attention to detail has made us a leader in the outdoor adventure industry. Providing high quality experiences on our trips is our number one priority. You may not recognize our state-of-the-art equipment or see our staff training programs, but you will recognize our commitment to Quality, Safety and Service. We offer a Quality Guarantee, if you are not happy with your experience please let us know and we will make it right.
Love adventure and the outdoors? Looking for your best summer ever? Explore Employment Opportunities with Wildwater!
The Wildwater Way
Wildwater invests consistently in the best equipment, staff, training and facilities. Our focus is to provide you with our full attention and desire to make your experience with us special. We call it The Wildwater Way, and it’s why our Guests return with us year after year.
- Expert Trip Leaders: They have hundreds of guide hours, advanced first aid & leadership training. You want them in charge of your trip!
- Highly Trained Guides: Our river guides exceed all US Forest Service requirements. Our Canopy Tour Rangers are trained above ACCT standards. Our friendly, professional guides love sharing magical adventures with you. Let them know what is important to you.
- Knowledgeable Reservations Team: These courteous folks make sure you select the appropriate adventures for your group or family and help with local arrangements.
- Well-Appointed Facilities: Large, clean changing rooms, hot showers, restaurants and/or catered meals, retail shops, convenient parking, gardens and spacious pre- and post-trip areas make your experience as comfortable as it should be.
- Canopy Tour Courses: Built and inspected to ACCT standards to provide safety and fun. Designed to provide a complete experience. Enjoy the best courses and staff in the Southeast.
- Equipment: State-of-the-art outdoor equipment and gear – it supports your exceptional experience.
- On-site Lodging: Convenient & affordable, including unique yurts, cottages, group facilities and luxury cabins.
Friends & Partners
If you are traveling or planning a vacation in another area of the country, this page will provide you with Wildwater’s recommendations for having quality experiences.